Protecting Your Privacy
This policy describes how Mauritius Yellow Pages (MYP)™ collects, uses, shares, and secures information on our own and operated websites, mobile applications or any other properties.
We recommend you go through the policy and keep yourself updated by visiting this page from time to time. Nonetheless, the following provides a summary of some of the most important aspects of our privacy practices:
- Mauritius Yellow Pages - ("Yellow.mu", "we", "our", "us", "MYP Online Marketing Ltd)™
- You - ("Business", "Member", "User", "Visitors", "Customer", "Your", "Them")
- We use your information to provide you with products, services, and industry-related information (yours and ours), market trends or general ICT developments. If you are a member, we will consider your preference settings.
- The information that we may collect or store will depend on the service or product being offered. If you do not provide us with this information, we may not be able to provide you with the service you requested.
- We may share your personal information with third parties in some cases, such as if you decide to communicate with a company that advertises through our application, through direct YellowMail™ or a Special Interest Group (SIG) you wish to support.
- We are committed to working with you to reach the right balance of what information we collect, use, and share, by providing you with ways to control information that we collect, through our opt-out mechanisms and preference settings.
- We take reasonable measures to secure your sensitive personal information, but we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your sensitive personal information will remain secure in all circumstances.
Mauritius Yellow Pages (MYP) is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service, this includes protecting your privacy (data we receive from you ("Business", "Member", "User", "Visitors", "Custumer", "Your", "Them")). We are bound by THE DATA PROTECTION ACT 2004 (linked: www.yellow.mu/the_data_protection_act_2004_mauritius.pdf), which sets out principles concerning the protection of personal information.
This Privacy Statement sets out the type of information we collect, how we use it and who we may share it with. It may be amended from time to time and a current version is available at this page. Should you have any questions kindly contact our Customer Service Centre.
Mauritius Yellow Pages - ("Yellow.mu", "we", "our", "us") is responsible for Yellow.mu® and various directories, electronic, wireless and online products, as well as a range of advertising, media, content, location and other business services hereafter referred to as "Network" in this statement. For each visitor to our Yellow.mu Network), our Web server automatically recognises the consumer's IP, domain name and email address (wherever possible).
We collect the IP, domain name and email address (where possible) of visitors to our Network. The email addresses of those who post messages on our blog(s), the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, the email addresses of those who communicate via YellowMail™, the email addresses of those who post in our chat areas, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, user-specific information on what pages consumers access or visit, information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information we collect is used: to improve the content of our Network; to customise the content and/or layout of our pages for each individual visitor; to notify consumers about updates to our Network; used by us to contact consumers for marketing purposes; not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes; used to provide backup service to our customers and assure the operations of our Network.
If you do not want to receive emails from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an email at the opt-out address.
Your personal information is essential to;
- Verify your identity.
- Provide, manage and administer your services/account including membership.
- Provide Yellow.mu products and services, including business listing services and advertising through a number of media;
- Prevent fraud through credit card checks.
- Improving our products, services and technologies by research and analysis and thereby;
- deliver better services to you
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure
- To provide tips and recommendations to you from MYP and our Network Partners.
By providing us with your personal information, you grant us consent to collect your data, use and disclose information as described in this statement as amended from time to time or as described at or before the time of collection, use or disclosure. In case you do not want your personal information to be collected, used or disclosed in this manner, then please either:
- do not submit your personal information to us;
- exercise opt-out procedures described above or as may be offered at the time of collection.
If you have submitted personal information to us and wish to withdraw your consent to its retention, use or disclosure, please contact our Customer Service Centre and select subject: Privacy. You may withdraw your consent, subject to legal or contractual restrictions with reasonable notice. The information we may collect or store may depend on the service or product being offered. If you do not provide us with or withdraw the required information; we may not be able to provide you with the service you requested such as; creating a business account or member account as Terms of Service apply, which include collecting personal data.
Where permitted or required by law, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent, for example, to collect a debt you owe us, to comply with a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to comply with a court order.
We may disclose your personal information to other organisations, but we will only do this as part of our service provision to you or as otherwise set out in this policy. Part of Yellow.mu services is to help connect your business with other businesses and businesses with potentials custumers and vice versa. This means we need to communicate to other reputable companies to identify products or services, you might find interesting. As a Yellow.mu subscriber (member and/or business), you will benefit from exclusive discounts or added value generally presented to you through our YellowMail ™ and/or Social Media Channels based on your interest/preferences.
We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
If you supply us with your email address you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by contacting us through the above mentioned process. Yellow.mu support "Special Interest Groups" (SIG) as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility toward the nation and the global environment. SIG can be in support of environmental, sustainable development, nonviolence, cultural and NGOs to mention a few. In case you are interested in obtaining or to be informed of SIG activities; kindly provide us with your exact name, address (email and postal) and your area of interest. We will make sure your name is available to and shared with reputed organisations within SIG.
Anyone who supplies us with their telephone numbers may from time to time receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products , services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by sending us an e-mail to the above address.
With respect to Ad Servers: To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, we have relationships with other companies that we allow to place ads on our Network. As a result of your visit to our Network, ad server companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information. For further information, consult the privacy policies of:
When we use the term "information" we are referring to both personal information and non-personal information that we collect about you.
Members and Business account holders can access their accounts to update collected information including financial transactions they have made with our company (e.g. credit card transactions for renewal or upgrade of business listing or other services), unique identifier information (i.e. customer number or password), communications that the member/business has directed to us or to another member/business (i.e. YellowMail ™ and Customer Service Centre), contact information (i.e. name, address, phone number) that we maintain about them.
Our Network is intended for a general audience and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16.
With respect to security: We have appropriate security measures in place for our online structure to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you through our Network.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us, or refer to:
Yellow.mu may communicate with you in a variety of ways. The following describes some of the ways we may communicate with you:
- YellowMail™ is our internal mailing system accessed from your account. YellowMail™ is designed to facilitate direct communication between Members and Businesses (Vice Versa).
- Email Marketing from Yellow.mu to your personal email account for services, products or discounts that we offer or by businesses listed on Yellow.mu. You can "opt-out" from receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link provided at the bottom of any marketing email that you receive. It should be noted that we still send you non-marketing email even you choose to opt-out i.e. we may respond to a message from you, we can send emails about a specific product or service that you inquired about, or we may send you email about the terms and conditions of our websites or the services we are providing to you.
- Text Marketing from Yellow.mu to your mobile phone for products, services or discounts that we offer or by businesses listed on Yellow.mu. You can "opt-out" from receiving such texts by text messaging the word STOP to the phone number from which you received the message. Please note that text messaging charges by your carrier may apply to these types of communications.
- In case you change your mind and would like to receive commercial emails or text messaging from us, you can re-add yourself to our communication list by contacting our Customer Service Centre.